High Utilization 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz on Meraki MR46

meraki-newbie
Here to help

High Utilization 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz on Meraki MR46

We have an experience with high channel utilization as captured below and we experiencing slow connection with high latency.

we have already activate CLIENT BALANCING in purpose to reduce these high channel utilization, but high channel utilization still occurred and still experiencing slow connection with high latency...

should we do another approach to resolve this condition ?

high utilz.jpg

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why are you only using UNNI3 channels?

I would put 5ghz channel width  on 20mhz if you can only use UNNI3

How many clients are on a AP?

we thought UNII 1 and 2 not permitted in our country, since it's already permitted, could by using UNII 1 and 2 would reduce channel utilization ?

currently we have average 40 clients on a AP

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Client Balancing  will not solve your problem. The use of channels depends on several factors, the number of connected clients, the amount of data being transmitted at the same time, the number of neighboring APs.

The best thing would be to carry out a site survey to try to find the source of the problem.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels