High Density AP's

savoba-DPS
New here

High Density AP's

Looking for suggestions on the best high density AP's for a school hallway setting.

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

CW9166 has the most radios for a high density AP, you can have two set to 5GHz so twice as many clients.  The CW range is also the future path for all Meraki APs.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think the most important thing than the model is the definition of a good design. Generally an HDX environment brings some challenges.

If you don't have experience with the topic, the ideal is to hire a specialized company.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Higher spec models are the way to go but as mentioned already get a site survey done. Simply blasting AP's on full power isn't the way to go as you are likely to get a ton of overlap and end up with large amounts of interference and an overall bad time. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels