Group policy according to device type

Solved
illbrain
Here to help

Group policy according to device type

With my SSIDs, the devices must be brought into a VLAN according to the device type. For this purpose, a group policy guest was made that all devices with the exception of iPad and Windows devices are in the VLAN guest. But it doesn't work. All devices remain in the normal VLAN.

The authentication takes place via WPA2.group.PNG

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's also not like in Radius CoA that your session immediately is flapped to assign the new VLAN.  I guess it's possible your devices will get the correct VLAN after reconnecting.

It might be a better idea to use something like WPA2 iPSK to enforce VLAN's on the devices since that IS instant.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This feature does not work that reliably.  Sometimes it can take quite a bit of time to detect the device type and apply a policy.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's also not like in Radius CoA that your session immediately is flapped to assign the new VLAN.  I guess it's possible your devices will get the correct VLAN after reconnecting.

It might be a better idea to use something like WPA2 iPSK to enforce VLAN's on the devices since that IS instant.

illbrain
Here to help

I also think this is the best way

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels