Floor Plans for MR Access Points

Solved
Beaumatthewsj
Conversationalist

Floor Plans for MR Access Points

Hello!

I have a customer that is converting from Cisco to Meraki and they were able to use CAD drawings for their existing floor plans that they placed APs on. They were able to identify the room #s of where the APs were located because the CAD Drawings were such high quality. We are now attempting to get high quality JPEG or PNG files uploaded into dashboard so that the customer can read the room #s on these JPEG or PNG Files so they can locate APs. We have not been successful so far. Has anyone ran into this before? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
Beaumatthewsj
Conversationalist

I have found a solution. I was able to use a App on Mac called QCAD that allowed me to export the CAD Drawings as a high quality JPEG. Thank you everyone!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Beaumatthewsj , what error are you getting when uploading your maps?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

When we attempt to upload high quality images they are too large in file size. So we are unable to get a 5mb or less quality image uploaded.

In order to upload a custom floor plan, the file must be:

• Less than 5 MB in size

• No larger than 65,448,100 pixels

• One of the following file types:

• JPEG

• GIF

• PNG

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

https://www.img2go.com/compress-image

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao_0-1691440937415.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Using_a_Floor_Plan_...

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am using JPEGmini on the Mac to reduce the file size if the images are too large.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

5mb does seem small given file sizes today.

Oh yes! It's more a file size from the last century ...

Beaumatthewsj
Conversationalist

I have found a solution. I was able to use a App on Mac called QCAD that allowed me to export the CAD Drawings as a high quality JPEG. Thank you everyone!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels