Enviromental Sensor alerts

emont0083
New here

Enviromental Sensor alerts

Hello Meraki Community! I work for a school district, and we are looking at implimenting an anti vaping program legeraging the Meraki MT15 environmental sensors. We have a few on trial and have the alert profiles all set, however, the administration that is receiving the alerts is complaingin that they are receiving too many alerts from the sensors. Upon review, they are being alerted when the sensor goes off inititally, then again when the levels are falling. My question being...is there a way to stop the "levels falling" alert from going out? Typically, upon the alert triggering, we have a time stamp to go back to the camera system, and see who has gone in or out of the space in question. Please advise, this is the only complaint we have regarding these, I know it is possible with other solutions.

Best,

Monty

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked the alert profile documentation?

Sensor Alert Profiles - Cisco Meraki Documentation

But i think that is not possible to disable the “levels falling” alert.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I have been through those, it was how I set the alerts up. Was hoping I overlooked something because it seems like it is a bit much to have that enabled and not able to modify it.

jbright
A model citizen

I have been testing the MT14 and MT15 for Vape Detection and see the same alerting. Their does not appear to be a way to suppress levels falling alert at this time. Looks like it's time to click on the "Give Your Feedback" button at the bottom of the Meraki dashboard pages. You could also engage your Meraki Account Manager on this too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels