Enabling 6Ghz in the Meraki dashboard question

Solved
Keith_Li
Here to help

Enabling 6Ghz in the Meraki dashboard question

Dear All

I am currently using meraki in hong kong, and i have a question inside the dashboard, and i can not see an option to enable 6Ghz under SSID, just wonder if i can enable 6Ghz in my region ? 

Keith 

1 Accepted Solution
Paccers
Getting noticed

Hey @Keith_Li, you need to have at least 1x AP with 6 GHz radio connected to the Network in order for 6 GHz settings to show up in SSID/Radio Settings pages, I'd also ensure you are on the latest Stable firmware release.

If you still don't see the settings it may be that Meraki haven't been able to enable the support in your region yet, I'd reach out to support for confirmation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Paccers
Getting noticed

Hey @Keith_Li, you need to have at least 1x AP with 6 GHz radio connected to the Network in order for 6 GHz settings to show up in SSID/Radio Settings pages, I'd also ensure you are on the latest Stable firmware release.

If you still don't see the settings it may be that Meraki haven't been able to enable the support in your region yet, I'd reach out to support for confirmation.

currenty we are using MR44 & 76 which is not 6E, may be this is the case why i can not see 6Ghz appearing in the dashboard, so once i have a AP model which supporting 6E i will see the 6GHz radio under SSID am i correct ? 

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is correct. You need an AP that supports 6Ghz in the dashboard for it to show as an option.

Keith_Li
Here to help

its clear and thank for your reply 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The other major issue - 6Ghz can only be used with WPA3 - and devices (even after all this time) have a lot of compatibility issues with WPA3.  Unless you have a very controlled environment, deploying WPA3 into a production environment is impossible.

I can't even get WPA3 working reliably at home.

Keith_Li
Here to help

so which mean if i enabled 6Ghz, i need to change the WPA encryption to WPA3 under the ssid ? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.