Disconnects on Meraki Wifi - Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

Wendy2
Here to help

Disconnects on Meraki Wifi - Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

We are having reports of users losing connectivity to wireless in our head office for about 20 seconds, whilst stationary at their desk.

WLAN report 

Wireless security failed:  

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

Error: 0x0

This is intermittent and not experienced by all users.  Has anyone seen this and managed to resolve it?

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There are reports of problems with Intel WiFi cards.

Try updating to the most current driver, otherwise you can try disabling the 802.11r SSID.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Wendy2
Here to help

Logs from the NIC on the laptop are showing frequent changes between wifi_802_11ac and wifi_802_11ax 

We have 2.4Ghz, 5GHz and 6GHZ enabled on the RF Profile.  802.11ax is enabled under 5GHZ.

Could this be causing an issue?

Could this be an issue?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can, but as I said there are other reports of problems with Intel Wifi network cards.

You can do the tests I mentioned previously and also try to disable Client Balancing.

Additionally, you can try to configure the machines' wireless network card to prefer one of the bands.

alemabrahao_0-1717426963495.png

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-force-5ghz-wi-fi-windows-11/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels