Computer Cannot Connect to Meraki RADIUS

larsdueck
Comes here often

Computer Cannot Connect to Meraki RADIUS

Any ideas what's happening here?

We have a MacOS computer that refuses to connect to the RADIUS (email and PW credentials) via an AP (1 of 4). EAPoL timeout error.

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

EAPoL timeout indicates an 802.1X issue. How is the SSID configuration? Are 802.11w and 802.11r enabled?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Those are both disabled on the SSID.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the RADIUS server say it gave permission (sent an ACCESS_ACCEPT)?  If it denied permission, why?

Does the Mac have the CA certificate loaded that was used to create the certificate that is being used by the RADIUS server?

This is what I see in the dashboard:

auth_mode='wpa2-802.1x' vlan_id='xx' radius_proto='ipv4' radius_ip='x.x.x.x' reason='eapol_timeout' radio='1' vap='2' channel='157' rssi='44'

No certificate. Connects with email and PW (WPA2).

@PhilipDAth I think the Meraki Radius is being used, correct @larsdueck ?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

That is correct.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

So you have 1 MacOS, which cannot connect to a 802.1x SSID with EAP-PEAP using Local Authentication on 1 AP, but it works on the other 3?

And you have other MacOS pcs that do work on all four APs?

I'd try to look into the settings on the one MacOS pc, and perhaps factory reset that one AP; and see if that does the trick.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Does not work with any AP at the point after further testing. Other Macs/PC's can connect. Can't see what would be wrong with the Mac at this point.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels