Common SSID for multiple physical locations

svivekdcs
Just browsing

Common SSID for multiple physical locations

Hi,

We are using a Meraki for our organization, Currently we have 2 physical locations and separate SSID's for each location. Is it possible to create single SSID for both locations? so that user no need to connect to wifi SSID of the location every time he/she travel. 

Regards,

Vivek S

2 Replies 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @svivekdcs , simply create a single SSID for each Network with the same shared credentials I.e SSID name and security method.  That way as your users move between sites they won’t have to do anything.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Dear DarrenOC,

Thank you for your previous response. I'll try the solution you have mentioned and update to you. 

additionally, in our network, we have separate VLANs configured for each location:

• Location A: VLAN 11 (10.82.151.0/24) - SSID LA
  • Location B: VLAN 12 (10.82.152.0/24) - SSID LB
  • Location C: VLAN 13 (10.82.153.0/24) - SSID LC

Our goal is to ensure users are automatically assigned to the appropriate VLAN based on their identity, regardless of their physical location. For example, Person X should always connect to VLAN 11 (SSID LA) even if they move between locations.

Could you please advise on the best approach to achieve this user-based VLAN assignment using Meraki devices?

We appreciate your continued assistance.

Sincerely,

Vivek S

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels