Client not respond then drop

ClaudeSu
Just browsing

Client not respond then drop

One of our office encounter strange issue: laptop time to time drop then auto connect back.

Meraki backend log shows: client not respond

Export windows WLAN report, at droping moment report shows SuspectArpProbeFailed

If same laptop bring to another office, no issue.

According to user's feedback:

cable connection is okay.

Same AP, not all user drop at same time.

Hope if someone can give me hints.

10 Replies 10
ClaudeSu
Just browsing

I did monitor via WAN towards to different client and LAN switch base on ICMP.

Continusely droping randomly happened on clients that client drop but no drop on LAN switch.

According to this monitor, I believe there's no issue on LAN and WAN conection.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you try update the client wifi driver to the latest release 

ClaudeSu
Just browsing

Yes, tried to update WiFi driver to latest, no joy.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A lot of information was not said, for example.

What is the firmware version?

What AP model?

Does this happen with all APs or a specific one?

Have you had any recent changes such as firmware updates?

What type of authentication?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

What is the firmware version? 29.4.1

What AP model? MR46-HW

Does this happen with all APs or a specific one? 

Only for one particular office, seems to be all APs. Strange thing is same AP, one user affected, another user didn'tn.

Have you had any recent changes such as firmware updates? 

Changed WAN from DMVPN to SDWAN which use load sharing over two local Internet circuit.

Changed laptop from HP to Lenovel, WLAN NIC change from Intel to MediaTek RZ616

What type of authentication?

Radius with PC certificate.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is quite an old version of software, and a whole major release out.  Could you try upgrading it to the current stable release (currently 30.5).

We deploied this version globally( with hundred of offices) so far only this office encounter issue.

To be honestly I don't see any reason and no precise verion notes points fix particular issue.

Thanks for advice this, but not my priority to upgrade.

One more observation: site has another WiFi which provide by Aruba, user connects it work via VPN. Who encounters the issue( connects to Meraki) at that day, also encounter same connects to Aruba.

Would like to involve device OS team to troubleshoot but no solid evident due to same laptop in another office no issue.

Differences between two offices:

1. LAN switch model: C2960X is encountering issue, C9200-48P no.

2. Patching server: site no patching server which encounter issue, another site has server.

The scenario exist for two years therefore I don't consider above two differences.

Is mac-move permit authentication configured on the switches?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Nope, I didn't.

But dot1x is configure on Meraki dashboard( authenticate against RADIUS with PC certificate), not LAN switch.

Means on LAN switch, no dot1x on the port that connects to AP, therefore I don't think mac-move option causes this issue.

We've enabled dot1x on Meraki long time ago, enabled dot1x on LAN switch 10 months ago. Issue has come up 2 months ago, no LAN or Meraki dashboard changed 2months till now.

ClaudeSu
Just browsing

I did FR monitor on Meraki dashboard yesterday with user who suffered issue.

What I observed was when there's red line appeared on channel which AP was operating on, Lenovo ThinkPad would dropped from AP, but HP ZBook no issue.

I observed this scenario three times within 1 hour which matched user reported her laptop dropped.

I've removed particular 9 channels which I observed red line( extremly high noise) from auto channel selection.

Will see if user still encounter issue.

It's not a good solution which done by manual to avoide high noise channel.

Any one knows if there's API can regularly fetch the RF monitor?

ClaudeSu_0-1702612808594.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels