Client complaining of intermittent connection when logged on to The Coporate Network via radius serv

crawfie
New here

Client complaining of intermittent connection when logged on to The Coporate Network via radius serv

The client has a DELL latitude 9440 that gets Wi-Fi access to the network from the radius server . The user continues to complain of being disassociated from the network . Other user are on the network, but they are not experiencing the issue so I assume the issue may be drivers related ; however, I want to know if anyone have any other troubleshooting suggestion other than driver. The is the error I am seeing when I check the log Failed during 802.1X authentication. A common cause is the client entering the wrong username or password. Other potential causes include RADIUS server misconfiguration, SSID misconfiguration, VLAN misconfiguration, the auth server being offline or blocked, or upstream latency.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried updating the wireless card driver?

Look for more information on how the SSID is configured, such as how the 802.11r configuration is.

Have you already opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would do the driver update before doing anything else.

My second thought is it could be related to WiFi power saving - being done wrong.  You can disable this using these commands:

powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0
powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels