Can we force SSID 2.4 GHz only on MR42

Solved
RickAtCWD
Conversationalist

Can we force SSID 2.4 GHz only on MR42

Greetings all,

I have an 7 floor apartment building where many clients are being disconnected and reconnected repeatedly.  These are client connections that start off as 2.4 GHz but bet bumped to 5 GHz and then go back.  I have "Dual band operation with Band Steering" turned off.  I think I would like to offer tenants the option of connecting to a 2.4 GHz connection only SSID.  I know I can provide the "5 GHz band only" SSID option.  I cannot seem to find a way to accomplish this.

Any thoughts on this request is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a helpdesk ticket. They can enable the option in the backend so you can create a 2.4GHz only SSID.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a helpdesk ticket. They can enable the option in the backend so you can create a 2.4GHz only SSID.

BrechtSchamp,

Thanks for the quick reply and option.  I will go that route and let you know the results.

Thanks!

BrechtSchamp,

That was exactly what I needed and you were spot on.  I opened a support ticket with Meraki and they made that change really quickly.  You have no idea how long I was looking for a solution or workaround for this issue.

I truly thank you!

Have an awesome weekend!

Rick

Thanks, good to know!

Glad I could help! Have a nice weekend.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.