Can we create policy to allow certain users to SSID?

Theivz
Here to help

Can we create policy to allow certain users to SSID?

Hi,

Is there a way we can create some policy or group and whitelist them to access SSID?
Mean I want to block access to the SSID and allow only certain people or certain MAC addresses only?
Is there a way?

4 Replies 4
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you need some form of access control server to achieve this. You could either use the in-built Meraki Authentication, or if you're trying to align it with an existing user identity base (e.g. Microsoft Active Directory) then you need something to 'convert' to RADIUS - in the Microsoft Windows world this is NPS (although there are other better products out there too). Then you configure the SSID to use RADIUS authentication, so it sends the request to the RADIUS server (e.g. NPS), which in-turn checks against Microsoft AD.

Hi Bruce,

Yea we have this NPS but as you mentioned its not so great.

Not much functionality to start with.

I will try to explore this in-built Meraki Authentication as well.

Thanks alot for the tips

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Theivz ,

I'll throw a couple more your way, have a look at these KBs:
Scoping Active Directory per SSID - Cisco Meraki

Clients Usage Page Overview - Cisco Meraki

Hopefully they'll help set your SSIDs how you want them.

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!

Hi Giacomos

Thanks alot for the tips.

I will check this out as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels