Can´t see CW9164I Accesspoints in "Wireless" - "Radio Settings"

Solved
redsector
Head in the Cloud

Can´t see CW9164I Accesspoints in "Wireless" - "Radio Settings"

Hello I can´t see the Meraki CW accesspoints in the "Wireless" - "Radio Settings". I can see tehm in the "Wireless" - "Accesspoints"-list.

Anybody with the same issue?

1 Accepted Solution
redsector
Head in the Cloud

The solution was: my fault. this new accesspoints weren´t set on a floor map. So I couldn´t see them unless the floor maps were unselected. The solution from the Meraki service:

Could You please deselect the floor plan? once I've done it, I saw all APs

It can be done on the Radio Settings page, top right corner of the map > click on the layout icons > select "none" under floor plan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hey,

If the AP is in the network you are using then make sure your filters are allowing all AP's.
The most common mistake is having a filter on that excludes the new AP.

I have a network with a C9166 and it shows just fine (once for each band)

GIdenJoe_0-1686591392382.png

redsector
Head in the Cloud

No filters.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I see the same thing when I check your org. I would recommend opening a Support case so they can confirm the issue and get Engineering eyes on it.

By the way I don't have the same problem in my own org with a 9164 or other orgs. So, it might be something specific to your org/config.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

The solution was: my fault. this new accesspoints weren´t set on a floor map. So I couldn´t see them unless the floor maps were unselected. The solution from the Meraki service:

Could You please deselect the floor plan? once I've done it, I saw all APs

It can be done on the Radio Settings page, top right corner of the map > click on the layout icons > select "none" under floor plan.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels