CW9164i APs Alerting status without reason

Paccers
Getting noticed

CW9164i APs Alerting status without reason

Hi all,

Just seeing if this is something unique to us or not. Today we've had a number of different sites on their own Networks report that some or all of their APs are in an 'Alerting' state. Looks to be affecting CW9164i specifically.

Figured it would be something obvious but the Org > Alerts page is not showing any entries across any timelines for these Networks. They are geographically separated as well so not a localised issue.

The APs look to still be servicing clients fine and a restart of the APs potentially resolves the Alerting condition.

We're on n747 for context.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't had any customers report an issue.  Perhaps it is related to a single shard.

Mark_S
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Paccers,

If you have not already, I would recommend raising a case with Meraki support so they can assist with troubleshooting this issue to help determine whether these are genuine alerts or what may be causing them to appear.

Details on how to raise a case through dashboard or to call the support line can be found within the 'Get help & cases' page which is accessible in the ? icon menu in dashboard.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
CoreyDavoll1
Getting noticed

I saw that happen a couple months ago on a few of my MR42's.  The AP list view would show one as alerting but when I clicked on the specific AP, the dashboard would show it as normal and I didn't see anything in the logs.  I just chalked it up to something in the dashboard being off.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels