Bridge LAN extension - Meraki APs + Cisco switches

Solved
Martinni
Conversationalist

Bridge LAN extension - Meraki APs + Cisco switches

Hi, we are trying to do bridge between two location(L2 LAN extension via WAPs), where we use these devices:

2x MR86 - version MR 26.7

1x Cisco C9200L

1x WS-C3560CX-12PC-S

I have used this documentation:

Extending the LAN with a Wireless Mesh Link - Cisco Meraki

I was able to create bridge, I was also able to see MAC addresses of clients coming from the bridge. But I had no success to have connection to far side. 

Only difference with documentation as we do not use Meraki switches is this:

Martinni_0-1696595216620.png

Where I have chosen the Bridge SSID name.

Is the bridge function limited to Meraki only switches and WAPs or is there a possibility to work with multi vendor ? 

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is VLAN 1 the native VLAN for the switch port connected to the gateway AP? If yes your SSID config is invalid as that config would instruct it to tag VLAN 1 when it's native/untagged,

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are clients allowed to access the LAN in the SSID Firewall configuration?

alemabrahao_1-1696597956679.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Enabling%2C_Disabling%2C_and_Cha....

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes clients are allowed.

Can you show your SSID configuration please?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

1.Open SSID

2. no splash page

3. no group policies

Martinni_0-1696600750122.png

What version are you running?

Wireless bridges running version 27.X or below only support a single VLAN. If support for multiple subnets is a requirement for the deployment, a layer 3-capable device will be required. MR repeaters will only send/receive untagged traffic on its wired interface regardless of the configuration of the SSID in use.

Starting 28.1, Multi-vlan support was added.

By extension, wired clients across the mesh link do not support the use of VLANs applied by Group Policies.

Yes, only single VLAN 1  needs to be bridged. version in original post.

Which version are you running, I don't see a configuration problem with the Wireless part in your case. Either the problem is in the configuration of another device on the network or it is some other problem not yet informed.

In your case, I would open a support case if everything has already been checked.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is VLAN 1 the native VLAN for the switch port connected to the gateway AP? If yes your SSID config is invalid as that config would instruct it to tag VLAN 1 when it's native/untagged,

thank you Ryan Miles. I was able to get basic connectivity but other issue arises after solving connectivity.

will create another topic to not mix everything. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels