Authentication client failed 802.1x authentication to the RADIUS Server issue

Keith_Li
Comes here often

Authentication client failed 802.1x authentication to the RADIUS Server issue

Dear All, 

I'm currently facing an issue with one AP in our customer's site, one AP has the following warning with specific ssid, whereas the rest of the AP do not have such issue, i have ran the radius test in the portal, but all of them has passed the radius authentication test, also i have tried to look for the NPS radius server logs, i couldn't find any authentication failure related, any help would be appreicated 

meraki Authentication.jpg

Keith 

8 Replies 8
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

What model AP is it? Tried rebooting the AP?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Keith_Li
Comes here often

i havent tired rebooting the AP yet, but the model is MR44 Current version: MR 29.5.1, Thanks 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked if the AP is registered as a Radius Client on the Radius server? Have you tried performing a packet capture?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Keith_Li
Comes here often

i checked in Radius side the AP has permitted in the server, and other endpoint could successfully connected to the internal SSID, the radius authentication has passed, its only sometime i see such unauthentcation log appear for this AP, i could perform a packet capture to the radius to see any abnomral issue 

Keith_Li
Comes here often

shall i try increase the timeout ? 

radius.jpg

Try and increase EAPOL Key Timeout to 1000ms

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

at the same time i'm checking the NPS radius logs see any finding, may be i can increate the EAPOL Key value as well 

Keith_Li
Comes here often

i have increased the Eapol timeout to 1000ms, thanks 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels