All APs showing Repeater mode

WiFiAdmin
New here

All APs showing Repeater mode

In the controller all of the APs are showing as Repeater mode.  I am able to ping the APs so their data is still working properly and internet access at the facility is working still.  Any ideas?

Edit - If I connect to the web gui of an AP, it shows that the AP is connected to the local LAN and has internet access. 

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How many AP's are you seeing this issue on?

And what version are they running?

Are they all connected to a Meraki switch and powered via PoE or do you have PoE injectors?

There are a mix of MR-46,42,52.  I had 3 of the MR-46 earlier today that were on Repeater mode and most likely due to a bad wire.  There are 48 access points at this site (45 were fine a few hours ago).  Change log shows that no changes had occurred to the controller over this time period.  My other site is fine.  

All APs are setup for PoE from the switches.  Actually 1 AP has an AC Power Adapter out of the 48.

I am not sure what version they are running.  The APs are not loading in the control panel and the web gui for the AP itself does not give that data.

Even more strange.  If I go to the Organization menu and then Devices, the APs show online and connected.  The AP data even loads.  The AP version of one of the MR-46 is Current version: MR 29.5.1.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like a couple of issues going on there which may have a deeper underlying problem - especially if data isn't pulling into the dashboard. I'd reach out to support on this as they'd be able to get a clearer idea of what is going on.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
WiFiAdmin
New here

Just to give an update.  The APs are now registering with the Meraki controller properly and showing online.  It was an odd experience that the APs were not accessible for management through the "Wireless -> Access Points" menu but were if accessed through "Organization -> Overview" and then the devices tab.  

I am going to chalk it up to a glitch on Meraki's side as I didn't make any changes on my end over the few hours.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels