Adding replacement AP's and using existing license.

Solved
twandrist
Here to help

Adding replacement AP's and using existing license.

I seem to recall that once upon a time, one could add hardware/AP's to your cloud via order number.  Then as you replace older MR34's with new models, deactivating the hardware and claim that license for the new hardware?

We purchase a bunch of newer models that will replace old ones, but how do you get the new ones in your system?

What am I missing??

Anyone run into this?

TIA

Tom

1 Accepted Solution
twandrist
Here to help

Add them via inventory....DUH!  Answered my own question.

We all have these days right?  :^) 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
twandrist
Here to help

Add them via inventory....DUH!  Answered my own question.

We all have these days right?  :^) 

You don't have to claim them individually by serial number either - you can still use the order number, assuming you didn't make the mistake of already claiming one (or more) by serial...

Assuming you're directly replacing your APs on a 1:1 basis, you didn't include any extra AP licences in your order, right..?

@twandrist  Yes we all have those days and thanks for sharing that you worked it out. Congrats on the new AP's what model did you go for? 

The only model we could get our hands on MR46's. We have MR56's backorder for 8 months we are still waiting on.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What type of license are you using? per-device co-termination?

In co-termination, you just need to remove the old AP from the network and then add the new AP to the network and the license will automatically be linked to it.
In the per-device do an undo assign on the old AP to assign to the new AP.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels