AP rebooting

Solved
JonP
Getting noticed

AP rebooting

Hi folks,

We have an MR44 that randomly drops and reboots. This was an intermittent, infrequent problem back in the Spring, throughout the Summer, and into the Autumn. As it was so infrequent we didn't pursue it with support, but that all changed 3 weeks ago.

Now it barely stays up. I logged a case with support over 3 weeks ago but all they can tell me is that it is "with the developers" for action.

Does anyone have any experience on this front? I am suspecting a faulty AP but support doesn't seem to be that interested.

Ta

🙂

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tell support you don't want to investigate any more and just want an RMA.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running the current stable firmware or better?

If you move the AP to the switch and plug it directly in with a patch lead - does the issue still happen?  This could be an issue with the cable.

Do you have a spare AP you could temporarily swap out with the MR44 to confirm if it has a hardware fault?

I've tested the network drop with a decent tester and it passed (Navitec NT Pro) with flying colours. There's an AP a few meters away working just fine.

Plugging directly into the switch reveals no change to the behaviour - still goes down and comes back up. I've even tried using a Cisco PoE injector in case we were overloading the PoE budget on the switch but the behaviour remains. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tell support you don't want to investigate any more and just want an RMA.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We had a couple of MR52s that did this.  We rolled the network's firmware back and once it seemed stable, rolled it forward again.  No further issues.

Support agreed to our RMA and we have a new unit on my desk ready to install. Thanks for the tip!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels