9163E No 5GHz

B_Tyler
Here to help

9163E No 5GHz

I have an Organization with approximately (5)0 9163E access points deployed across 15 networks.  Though 5GHz is enabled in the RF profile, all of them have no 5GHz working. In the AP detail, they all show power level -1 and channel 36. All are on v30.7, Acceltex ATS-OO-2456-466-4NP antenna's.  Channel utilization is blank, RF Spectrum shows "Insufficient Data" for 5GHz.   I have a TAC case opened for a few weeks now, they are saying developers are working on it. I've tried rebooting the AP, changing RF profile, changing antenna types.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Have you tried 30.6 and if so did it work? We state only approved antennas are supported and I believe this enforcement came in 30.7.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/CW9163E-MR_Installation_Guide#Antenna_Sel...

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You either need approved antennas (when I last looked it was only the Meraki/Cisco ones) or it could be a region issue.  What region are you in and what are the APs reporting?  I was part of the hardware test group and initially there was an issue with the UK and Spain, but it was resolved before public product release.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In Europe we must use UNII-2C channels for outdoor AP's.  Maybe your outdoor ap rf profile is not allowing the correct channels?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels