Meraki Craziness

SOLVED
oldroo
Getting noticed

Meraki Craziness

Hi All,

First delve into the Meraki side of things and ...........

I have a MX64, 120 switch and MR 36.

Background:

MX64 is the DHCP server with 3 vlans configured (2,3,4). DHCP is set for vlan 3 and 4, with vlan 2 the Management VLAN.

MX64 is trunked to the Switch, all vlans allowed.

Switch is then trunked to the MR36.

On all trunks the native vlan is set to vlan 2.

When i setup the AP i set it to DHCP on vlan 4 and the trunk from switch 2 was set to native vlan 4 to do this.

When i push the change to AP to static IP on vlan 2, i can see it pushes the change and see the IP in the portal.

However the native vlan is on the switch is vlan 4. When i change that to vlan 2, the AP then reverts its config back to getting an IP on vlan 4 dynamically, like the initial setup.

Scratching my head at the logic, and why this happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to use ip from the native vlan that is set on the switch port your AP  connects.  Then leave the management vlan at the AP empty.

If you want a ip from a tagged  vlan then set the vlan at the management setting of the AP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to use ip from the native vlan that is set on the switch port your AP  connects.  Then leave the management vlan at the AP empty.

If you want a ip from a tagged  vlan then set the vlan at the management setting of the AP

oldroo
Getting noticed

Thanks that fixed it.

Was beating my head against the wall for quite awhile at the logic.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.