Update Meraki from cloud portal

SOLVED
Kiran_Avinash
Conversationalist

Update Meraki from cloud portal

Dear Meraki,

When I try to update my AP I get this error.

There were errors in saving this configuration:

• One or more errors occurred. No changes have been saved.
  • Firmware Upgrade failed due to the following node_groups: XXXXXX. Firmware Versions MR 28 and MX 16 require nodes to be able to contact Meraki's Device to Cloud Connectivity service over TCP port 443. One or more of your Meraki devices are unable to communicate with these new servers. For more information about this upcoming change and how to resolve the connectivity issue, please go to https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Meraki_Device_to_Clou....

The firewall is any any open and still get this message I just want to update 1 AP can you help me with this ?

With Kind regarts,

Kiran Avinash Ghisaidoobe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Kiran_Avinash : I would say contact Meraki Support

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This happens also to me from time to time. Some times I just have to wait a little bit, but sometimes I needed to upgrade to a different version and from there to the intended version. I have no idea what is really causing this.

Dear Karstenl,

How can I choose a other version for one AP?

The error remains the same 😞 for the whole network.

I have 4 AP still in the box and install it later because of the visitors of the company.

So I do not have the time to do so is that conflicting the update of one AP ?

Kiran_Avinash_1-1669384537988.png

With kind regarts,

Updates are always done on a network and not on the individual APs. So there is no way to update the single device. You can install the ne APs anytime you want. As long as they are supported by the running firmware for the network, they should install that version and directly work.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can contact support to push the update. 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Kiran_Avinash : I would say contact Meraki Support

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You get this error if there is an offline device in the network being upgraded.  If this is the case, remove the offline device, wait about 2 hours, and then try upgrading the firmware again.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh, never heard of this. Next time I’ll look if I have an offline device. But I am pretty sure that for me, it was something else most of the cases. When I take devices offline I typically move them to a “spare” network.

Kiran_Avinash
Conversationalist

Dear All,

Support was able to update alle the AP.

And it worked there was something with my portal or something not up to date what they resolved at the back end.

Thanks you all for the feedback and support.

With kind regards,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels