Restricting access on wifi SSID

Solved
RalphtheMac
New here

Restricting access on wifi SSID

Hi folks,

This is my maiden post and I am quite new to Meraki - please be gentle!

I am setting up a mesh network with 4 x MR33's and want to setup as follows - 

1- a guest SSID, with bandwith limited, going straight out to the web.

2- a corporate access SSID that gives ability to access local files, print etc etc as well as through to the web.

where I am finding it hard to achieve my design is restricting access to the 2nd SSID.

We dont have a RADIUS server and I wasn't intending to set one up, but we wanted to restrict by MAC address or something similar.

is there any guide or advice I can go to setup this 2nd SSID where there is more than the preshared password to restrict access? The reason for this is that we have well meaning employees who give the password out to every man and his dog. so for speed and security we want the password to be only half of the means to access the corporate network.

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

You can create a group policy that will open up access to only the clients you choose meaning even if they did have the "password" you would still need to give them a policy or they won't have any access.

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should be able to setup two SSIDs, one for guest and one for Corporate access.

This article covers configuring both.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Configuring_Simple_Guest_and_Inte...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels