'Radius Accounting' is not seen in Access Control

SOLVED
NateZhang
New here

'Radius Accounting' is not seen in Access Control

Experts,

I'm new to Meraki and configuring SSID + ISE for 802.1x authentication.

On ISE, when COA, it is seen error 5417 dynamic authorization failed and we suspect it is radius accounting is not abled on Meraki.

Reading the document below and try to configure Radius accounting on Meraki.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_...

1. Navigate to Wireless > Configure > Access control and select the desired SSID from the dropdown menu.
  2. Under RADIUS accounting, select RADIUS accounting is enabled.
  3. Under RADIUS accounting servers, click Add a server

However, 'Radius Accounting' or 'RADIUS accounting servers' is not available on my configuration Page of 'Access Control' with the SSID. 

Is this expected today? Or any license is required for this option to work?

Could you recommend which part I shall check further?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

They appear to have resolved the issue on the backend. Support reached back out to me to confirm via my case, and I can see it now 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Strangely enough, I also do not see it, when I know for a fact I used to see it. Hmm....
TwitterLinkedIn

I opened a case with support. Me thinks its an issue on dashboard side, which has been having a few issues over the last week or so.
TwitterLinkedIn

Thank you Nolan for your support. Kindly let me know once you find a solution.

JimTolson
Conversationalist

I too am missing the Radius Accounting and Radius Proxy settings. will raise a ticket with support.

Raj66
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello,

You are looking at the right place to configure radius accounting. However, at this time, there is a known issue happening to cause the radius accounting option not to be displayed on the dashboard. Our developers are aware of this and working towards a resolution. 

If you have already configured radius accounting, the config will stay with the APs and they will work as expected, it is just not displayed on the dashboard but if you are looking to configure accounting for the first time, I am afraid, we might have to wait for a resolution.

Please open a ticket with Meraki support so that we can track the progress of the bug and keep you updated when it is resolved.

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
peto
Getting noticed

I have the CoA failure as well. But once the AP/switch is reloaded CoA starts to work.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

They appear to have resolved the issue on the backend. Support reached back out to me to confirm via my case, and I can see it now 😃
TwitterLinkedIn

Hi guys,

Seems like this issues back to the new MR firmware upgrade version (26.7).

At this moment, I have two networks, with the same "splash" configuration, but different firmware versions.

Access Points running the version 26.6.1 the "RADIUS accounting" button is enabled.

Access Points running the version 26.7 the "RADIUS accounting" button is not been showing the interface.

Anyone else with the same problem?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The SSID below is on a 26.7 network and I have the options, if you don't then might be worth contacting support:

Screenshot_20200303-095722_Chrome.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels