Most stable/best firmware version?

tmburke
Here to help

Most stable/best firmware version?

Now that we (finally) have customer-facing firmware versions and a self-serve upgrade/downgrade option, what have you found to be the most stable firmware version? We're mostly on MR42s here. We're on MR 24.8 in prod and 25.5 in a test environment- 25.5 seems to be much better but it's also a much smaller and less trafficked network. 

9 REPLIES 9
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I have ~1,000 MR42/52's on 25.3 and it's working quite well. I moved a single network of MR33's to 25.5 and ran into a bug that made SSID's stop broadcasting... 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Thanks @MRCUR! Is it the Condition under investigation causes radios to become unresponsive for 5 seconds in high density networks (MR34/MR32/MR72/MR26) bug or something else not noted in the Known Issues section?

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@tmburke I don't believe the issue I encountered with MR33's is currently noted as a known issue. I was told that it is noted internally as a known issue but was unable to find it publicly stated on any of the currently available firmware versions. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Welles
Building a reputation

@MRCUR Are you using tags on your SSIDs? I had an issue with a 33 and 42, after updating to 25.5, that stopped broasdcasting. Seemed relating to it being the first SSID tag on an AP. 

@Welles good to know. We're using tags here, but thankfully our first SSID is our least important. Updating to 25.5 tomorrow morning, I'll keep you both posted, and thanks again! 

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Welles Nope, no tags in use for the SSID that disappeared. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

@MRCUR  @Welles updated (I hesitate to ever call these "upgrades") to MR 25.5 this morning on Nine MR42s. So far so good, knock on wood. All tagged SSIDs are broadcasting and the new AP Steering/Client Balancing seems to be working great so far. 

Sheriff_Woody
New here

Where is this version information and management hidden? I was unaware that this was available.

To see version information, go to Organization > Monitor > Firmware upgrades.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2017/07/a-new-approach-to-meraki-firmware-management/

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels