Migrating from Cisco wireless to Meraki

SOLVED
Aneeshram
Here to help

Migrating from Cisco wireless to Meraki

Hi there,

I have a customer who is running the cisco enterprise wireless solution (dual controllers in HA) in a Datacenter.  

They have around 400 AP's deployed across two main campus 13 branch locations.  

3 x SSID's are centrally switched (CAPWAP tunneled) and two SSID's are locally switched.

The existing Cisco wireless solution is end of life and it is being replaced by Meraki wireless.

I am looking for a transition document that captures all the aspects of planning for the migration from Cisco Enterprise to Meraki. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am not aware of a document describing these migrations. Only the general Meraki documentation on Wireless which is quite good.

The most important aspect is that, by default, there is no central switching with Meraki. If you want something similar, you need to place a Meraki MX into your network that can be used to tunnel an SSID to it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am not aware of a document describing these migrations. Only the general Meraki documentation on Wireless which is quite good.

The most important aspect is that, by default, there is no central switching with Meraki. If you want something similar, you need to place a Meraki MX into your network that can be used to tunnel an SSID to it.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Aneeshram  : There is no such article/ document specifically on the migration from Cisco to Meraki.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/802-11ac-migration-guide/?file

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks Inderdeep 

RomanMD
Building a reputation

You might as well, think of redesigning the actual solution.

The actual one might be outdated and was valid few years ago because this is what Cisco sold us... but things are changing meanwhile..

Thanks Roman 

A complete redesign is the plan, 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Aneeshram : Best of luck 🤞 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels