Meraki AP NAS ID

marvel2020
Comes here often

Meraki AP NAS ID

Can anyone help me how  to configure the following radius attributes on Meraki AP SSID dashboard ? or any clue how to configure it on meraki AP.

- Call Station ID

- NAS-Id (NAS Identifier)

both are Windows NPS access accept attributes

2 REPLIES 2
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

These attributes are being sent by default, there's nothing to configure. Please see https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Configuring_RADIUS_A...

"Supported RADIUS Attributes

When a sign-on Splash Page is configured with RADIUS server, authentication is performed using PAP. The following attributes are present in the Access-Request messages sent from Dashboard to the RADIUS server.

Note: Please refer to RFC 2865 for details on these attributes, additional notes for certain attributes are included below.

• User-Name 
  • User-Password
  • Called-Station-ID: Contains (1) the MAC address of the Meraki access point (all caps, octets separated by hyphens) and (2) the SSID on which the wireless device is connecting. These 2 fields are separated by a colon.  Example: "AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF:SSID_NAME".
  • Calling-Station-ID: Contains the MAC address of the wireless device (all caps, octets separated by hyphens).  Example: "AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF".
  • Acct-Session-ID
  • Framed-IP-Address
  • NAS-Identifier
  • NAS-IP-Address
  • NAS-Port-Id
  • NAS-Port-Type
  • Service-Type"

Hello CptnCrnch,

Thank your for your reply !

If it is send by default, what kind of value is that , because this value should be used on the NPS server.

I read every possible Radius related doc, even I open a case on meraki support, still no success !

FYI... this is an answer I get from meraki support Engineer 

"there are all the supported attributes in the Access-Request messages sent from the Cisco Meraki access point to the customer's RADIUS server. Unfortunately, the NAS-ID is not one of them" .

This is very important fearure, which every other vendor has.

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels