Meraki AP NAS ID

marvel2020
Comes here often

Meraki AP NAS ID

Can anyone help me how  to configure the following radius attributes on Meraki AP SSID dashboard ? or any clue how to configure it on meraki AP.

- Call Station ID

- NAS-Id (NAS Identifier)

both are Windows NPS access accept attributes

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

These attributes are being sent by default, there's nothing to configure. Please see https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Configuring_RADIUS_A...

"Supported RADIUS Attributes

When a sign-on Splash Page is configured with RADIUS server, authentication is performed using PAP. The following attributes are present in the Access-Request messages sent from Dashboard to the RADIUS server.

Note: Please refer to RFC 2865 for details on these attributes, additional notes for certain attributes are included below.

• User-Name 
  • User-Password
  • Called-Station-ID: Contains (1) the MAC address of the Meraki access point (all caps, octets separated by hyphens) and (2) the SSID on which the wireless device is connecting. These 2 fields are separated by a colon.  Example: "AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF:SSID_NAME".
  • Calling-Station-ID: Contains the MAC address of the wireless device (all caps, octets separated by hyphens).  Example: "AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF".
  • Acct-Session-ID
  • Framed-IP-Address
  • NAS-Identifier
  • NAS-IP-Address
  • NAS-Port-Id
  • NAS-Port-Type
  • Service-Type"

Hello CptnCrnch,

Thank your for your reply !

If it is send by default, what kind of value is that , because this value should be used on the NPS server.

I read every possible Radius related doc, even I open a case on meraki support, still no success !

FYI... this is an answer I get from meraki support Engineer 

"there are all the supported attributes in the Access-Request messages sent from the Cisco Meraki access point to the customer's RADIUS server. Unfortunately, the NAS-ID is not one of them" .

This is very important fearure, which every other vendor has.

Thanks!

Go to the SSID..... Under advanced RADIUS settings

TBHPTL_0-1692410973247.png

Look at the field below the one i highlighted labeled NAS ID

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't customize NAS-ID.  It is hardcoded to NODE_MAC:VAP_NUM.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels