MR46E Antenna Connectors

Solved
antmich
Here to help

MR46E Antenna Connectors

Hello everyone,

I've been searching information about MR46E. I can't have one in my possession at the time and would like to verify wether the antenna connectors are dedicated to 2.4GHz and 5GHz or if they can do both.

I've seen in the Installation Guide that there are four ports being labeled 2.4/5, but I'm unsure if this means some ports are labeled 2.4 and others are labeled 5. Also, from what I see, the supported antennas all have four connectors so I presume it must be alright.

Can anyone please confirm ?

Thanks a lot !

1 Accepted Solution
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@antmich, have a look at the install guide, this may help, https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/MR46E_Installation_Guide.

There are six antenna connectors on the AP. One is the antenna for the scanning radio, one is the antenna for the IoT (BLE) radio, and the other four are the data serving radios. Those four are combined connectors connecting to both the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz radios, the antenna array being a 4x4 on both radios.

Since these access points have the scanning radio and IoT in them alongside the data serving radios there are only very specific antennas that can be used with them that are supported. These are on the datasheet that @Inderdeep referenced, under ordering information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@antmich : well all 4 radios described as 

Radio 1: 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ax client access radio
Radio 2: 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac/ax client access radio
Radio 3:  WIDS/WIPS, spectrum analysis, & location analytics radio (This is for both 2.4 and 5GHz)- Wireless IPS/IDS
Radio 4: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio with Beacon and BLE scanning support (Only for 2.4 GHz)

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Overview_and_Specifications/MR46E_Datasheet 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@antmich, have a look at the install guide, this may help, https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/MR46E_Installation_Guide.

There are six antenna connectors on the AP. One is the antenna for the scanning radio, one is the antenna for the IoT (BLE) radio, and the other four are the data serving radios. Those four are combined connectors connecting to both the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz radios, the antenna array being a 4x4 on both radios.

Since these access points have the scanning radio and IoT in them alongside the data serving radios there are only very specific antennas that can be used with them that are supported. These are on the datasheet that @Inderdeep referenced, under ordering information.

Thank you @Bruce ! I wanted to make sure that these connectore were connected to both radios at the same time and you answered perfectly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels