MR45 and SSID not visible on HP laptops

SOLVED
Dan_Nicolet
Here to help

MR45 and SSID not visible on HP laptops

I am in the process of upgrading to the MR45's at the college I work at. I recently discovered that the HP laptops on our campus will not display the SSID. The fix is updating the NIC driver. It seems any driver previous to 2018 does not work. Luckily, the driver resolves the issue but it is causing an excessive workload and inconvenience to staff and students. Anyone else experiencing this? Also, is it possible something could be done on the Meraki side?

Aside from this the AP's are awesome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dan_Nicolet
Here to help

This is from Meraki technical support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support.
This is a known issue on Intel side. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054799/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

However, there is a way to make these devices see these SSIDs without upgrading drivers. To achieve this we will need to disable 802.11ax capabilities on these APs. This has to be done by support from the backend. let me know if you wish to proceed with this option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Nicolet
Here to help

This is from Meraki technical support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support.
This is a known issue on Intel side. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054799/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

However, there is a way to make these devices see these SSIDs without upgrading drivers. To achieve this we will need to disable 802.11ax capabilities on these APs. This has to be done by support from the backend. let me know if you wish to proceed with this option.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki can't really fix HP bugs.

Having to disable the new capabilities in your APs is not a great solution.

Have you got a patch management system you could use to roll out the HP fix?  Perhaps deploy it via group policy?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels