MR66 questions

Solved
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

MR66 questions

We have an MR66 setup in the gymnasium and I was just curious to ask the community. If I stand close to the AP no matter what I can never connect to it which is odd. There are 2 antennas which I have a picture provided. One is inside and the other is outside. Should I be able to connect to the AP from inside the gym with the other antennas?      I would appreciate any advice and sorry the images flip automatically here when it uploads.  

20190801_091720.jpg20190801_091735.jpg1.PNG2.PNG 

Enthusiast
1 Accepted Solution

Outside seems to be using the 5GHz connectors. And it seems that 5GHz is correctly configured to being connected to a sector antenna. The 2.4GHz seems to be configured to be connected to a sector antenna too, while in reality they seem to be omni's. So yes, I'd try changing that setting for the 2.4GHz radio.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Seems like you're not actually using a sector antenna on the inside but rather two omni's. I assume those are ANT-20's? Have you tried changing the config to reflect that. It now states ANT-13 which is the 2.4GHz sector, which would be a stronger antenna and therefore the AP would tone down it's actual signal strength to avoid passing the legal limits.

@BrechtSchamp Im just even trying to see if I can have it connect inside the gym. Outside has no issues so you suggest I change antenna settings? 

Enthusiast

Outside seems to be using the 5GHz connectors. And it seems that 5GHz is correctly configured to being connected to a sector antenna. The 2.4GHz seems to be configured to be connected to a sector antenna too, while in reality they seem to be omni's. So yes, I'd try changing that setting for the 2.4GHz radio.

Thank you @BrechtSchamp Never could get anything connected inside till this change. Now I can just leave it there. 

Enthusiast
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels