MR44's not broadcasting SSID's

SOLVED
Techy1256
Conversationalist

MR44's not broadcasting SSID's

Hello All

I have two newly installed  MR44's each broadcasting the same two SSID's but neither are visible to the end user.  Several devices have been used to check for the SSID's.  The SSID's are not hidden or dependent on tags and according  to the console the SSID's are broadcasting.  The firmware version is on the AP's is  MR28.6.1.  We have over 100 Meraki AP's (various models) across many sites and I've never had this issue before.

Any ideas would be appreciated.   The AP's have only been installed today.. I've tried disable/ endable SSID hide/unhide  and AP reboots.  Also tried creating a new SSID to broadcast.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Techy1256
Conversationalist

Thank you for the suggestions.  Turns out there's problem with on-site cabling.  When the AP's are connected directly to the switch with an alternative cable they work as expected  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Assign them a different (new) rf profile with band steering disabled.

And try factory reset the device

张起东
Here to help

Try to initialize MR 44. If the SSID still does not diverge, the radio may be faulty. Contact Meraki after-sales support to replace the device

Techy1256
Conversationalist

Thank you for the suggestions.  Turns out there's problem with on-site cabling.  When the AP's are connected directly to the switch with an alternative cable they work as expected  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels