MR44 or MR46

SOLVED
jay_b
Getting noticed

MR44 or MR46

Want to order some MR46 but it is back ordered so they suggested MR44. Is there a huge difference? We do have some MR45 in other locations and we are pretty satisfied with that. By going to MR44 we don't want to ruin the quality. Any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@jay_b, unless you’re making heavy use of 2.4GHz I’d go with the MR44. As has been said, that’s the only difference, and with most things being 5GHz capable (and with more bands there as well), there is little reason to be using 2.4GHz.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jay_b
Getting noticed

To add on we have a lot of MAC users

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MR46 below 

Inderdeep_0-1632254397121.png

MR44 below

Inderdeep_1-1632254429510.png

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@jay_b they are the same for 5GHz but the MR44 has half as many streams for 2.4GHz.

MR36 2x2:2 for both

MR44 2x2:2 for 2.4GHz but 4x4:4 for 5GHz

MR46 4x4:4 for both

MR56 overkill for my home

Simples!

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

@cmr, there is no such thing as overkill for ones home!
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

@rhbirkelund wrote:
@cmr, there is no such thing as overkill for ones home!

Sometimes it is. The MR56 is just too large, it doesn't have enough WAF. 😉

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@KarstenI that's why you hide it on top of the kitchen cupboards... 😉

jay_b
Getting noticed

@cmr That makes sense. Thank you!

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@jay_b, unless you’re making heavy use of 2.4GHz I’d go with the MR44. As has been said, that’s the only difference, and with most things being 5GHz capable (and with more bands there as well), there is little reason to be using 2.4GHz.

WB
Building a reputation

I also like the fact the MR44 has the low-power mode in event of having only 802.3af PoE and wouldn't leave you stranded like the MR46. At least you can still use them at a reduced functionality until you sort out a .3at power source.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels