MR radio settings

SOLVED
Awallace
Comes here often

MR radio settings

is there a way that you can 2 or more sets of radio settings and or splash page rules based on the time of day ?  Shy of having multiple SSIDs  with the same name that turns off at 8pm and the other that starts up at 8pm. ?

<al>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The script would be using the API, so to automate it you would set it up to run automatically from a computer somewhere. I think it would be easier to set up two different SSIDs though.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

i think you have to build a script/ API to disable one ssid and enable the other.  

Awallace
Comes here often

where would you apply the script? and is there an example?

(MR 18)

<al>

The script would be using the API, so to automate it you would set it up to run automatically from a computer somewhere. I think it would be easier to set up two different SSIDs though.

are there examples that you know of that could be used? 

SSID Variation examples? You could do something like "Company Guest" and "company guest" or "Company guest".

Well I guess it's time for the API load.  Thank you all.

<al>

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would try the multiple SSID approach - but I'm not sure you'll be allowed to define two SSIDs with the same name.

@PhilipDAth that's right, the dashboard will error out if you attempt to have two SSIDs with the same name, it is case sensitive though so you could have a very minor change between the SSIDs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels