MR bridge distance

Solved
Dawlat_naseredd
Conversationalist

MR bridge distance

Hello Meraki Team,

I need to connect 2 buildings with distance 2-3km with wireless bridge, what is the fit model?

1 Accepted Solution
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I agree with @KarstenI but if you *really* had to or really want to for some reason, you would choose outdoor units with external antenna ports and then suitable third party antennas designed for your distance requirements.  Honesty though you can buy a pair of radios that could do that for just a few hundred USD and set them up and forget about them.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

None of the Meraki Models. There is a Mesh mode, but that is not meant to connect two building.

There are other non-Meraki devices that support a real bridge-mode.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I agree with @KarstenI but if you *really* had to or really want to for some reason, you would choose outdoor units with external antenna ports and then suitable third party antennas designed for your distance requirements.  Honesty though you can buy a pair of radios that could do that for just a few hundred USD and set them up and forget about them.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels