MR Subscription Expiry Behaviour

Solved
FlyingFrames
Getting noticed

MR Subscription Expiry Behaviour

If subscription & grace period expires, does it mean my MR APs will:

1. Stop beaconing SSID

2. They will beacon SSIDs but stop bridging traffic

3. They will beacon SSIDs, bridge traffic, but just the cloud management will be blocked along with cloud features e.g. radio management.

I got an email saying:

"If you choose not to renew, your Meraki systems will cease to provide network access."

I am not sure how to comprehend what will stop for these APs in question.

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As per the licensing FAQ:

"...This means that you will no longer be able to configure or make changes to your Meraki network device, and your Meraki network product will no longer pass traffic."

So at minimum no network traffic will pass through the device but I'd say it's likely the SSID's will also stop beaconing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @FlyingFrames , basically your whole network will cease to function.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As per the licensing FAQ:

"...This means that you will no longer be able to configure or make changes to your Meraki network device, and your Meraki network product will no longer pass traffic."

So at minimum no network traffic will pass through the device but I'd say it's likely the SSID's will also stop beaconing.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I seem to remember a few cases, I've had where the customer complained that their network was down. Turns out it was due to license expiry.

So I'm rather sure that SSID's will continue to beacon/broadcast, but your network won't be switching traffic, as @DarrenOC and @Brash are stating.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is all really strange. I know of an Org (with per-device licensing) that was many months over the expiration date and nothing happened.

Personally, I'll work hard to never run into this situation.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels