MR Licensing Enterprise/Advanced

SOLVED
NickSpeechley
Here to help

MR Licensing Enterprise/Advanced

Hey all

Customer of ours has just requested an MX with Advanced Security and some additional MR's. When i went to order the MR's i found that there are Enterprise and Advanced Security licenses for the MR's which i wasn't aware of. I know you can't mix the two licenses when it comes to MX's but can you when it comes to MX and MR's together?

Furthermore, whats the difference with the two licenses when it comes to the MR's? Searching online i didn't find anything too helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can have MXs with Advanced Security and MRs with an Enterprise licence.

If your MR's and behind MX's - there is no point in having an MR Advanced Security licence.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RupertDot11
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can have MXs with Advanced Security and MRs with an Enterprise licence.

If your MR's and behind MX's - there is no point in having an MR Advanced Security licence.

Thanks this is perfect and puts my mind at ease.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As @PhilipDAth stated you can have the MX Advanced Security, and the MR Enterprise licenses. The MR Advanced Licenses are for if you want to do Meraki Adaptive Policy, or if you want to use the pre-built/simplified Umbrella capabilities that @RupertDot11  highlighted. Unless you're interested in either of those then stick to the MR Enterprise (you can upgrade later if you want). If you do go MR Advanced then be aware that you also have to move to the per-device licensing model too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels