MR - 1 Day License - For 3 months

SOLVED
Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

MR - 1 Day License - For 3 months

Hi,

We have a situation where we need to license MR for 3 months for a customer. As you know, we have 1-day License and next to that 1-Year License. 

Is it possible to purchase 90 1-Day Licenses to run the MR for 3 months. And also, Whether I need to claim all licenses at a time or I have to do so on daily basis. Pls clarify.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi All,

The licenses were purchased and faced a tough challenge. All the 270 licenses expired in one day. Then the TAC engineer clarified following. Meraki Licenses are by default activated on the day of shipping. It doesn't wait for the dashboard addition or activation. That way all my licenses expired before the day I tried adding them. 

So basically, this idea doesn't work. One day License means, One day only. Count of it doesn't matter. Anyway, I managed my situation. But Huge warning to others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can definitely apply multiple one day licenses as that's how they're designed to be used.

However Meraki explicitly notes that they're to be used to true up expirations for PDL, not to extend overall licensing expiration.

As it's one device for 90 days, it will probably be fine if your licensing is set to PDL  That said, I've never tried it myself.

AutomationDude
Building a reputation

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

You should be good to go, just review this documentation which mentions you can't have more than 50000 1 Day licenses. So ensure the customer has less than 555 APs

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Apart from what guys say here @Madhan_kumar_G : A single organization can only have 50K one-day licenses. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I kind of assume you have their org in CT. I would setup a new org with PDL and purchase 90 1 day licenses. That way it is a clean break. Only issue is for the next 90 days you may need to jump back and forth in those 2 orgs

Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi All,

The licenses were purchased and faced a tough challenge. All the 270 licenses expired in one day. Then the TAC engineer clarified following. Meraki Licenses are by default activated on the day of shipping. It doesn't wait for the dashboard addition or activation. That way all my licenses expired before the day I tried adding them. 

So basically, this idea doesn't work. One day License means, One day only. Count of it doesn't matter. Anyway, I managed my situation. But Huge warning to others.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels