Limited connection

SOLVED
Flipside
Conversationalist

Limited connection

Wifi shows limited connection, but everything works fine. Why does it show limited?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to research the process used by Android to detect if there is an Internet connection or not.  Then test this process your self.

It could be something like an upstream content filtering policy, an IPS engine kicking in, slow DNS, almost anything.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What type of authentication are you using? Have you opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

802.1X through Radius with NPS policy. No we have not opened a case yet.

It does not show this on the computers. Only on Android phones.

Have you tried updating Android? 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

The ones we are working with are up to date, but this is district-wide with hundreds of phones.

You can try enabling 802.11w as @ww suggested, But in my opinion, It does not make sense. I've been working with Meraki wireless for a long, and I have never enabled 802.11w to solve this kind of issue.

I did try that, but it didn't work. We think we are having a problem with the Androids not getting the Certificate. We need to do a little investigating. I will let you know what we discover. Thanks for the help you have provided to this point.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

By the way, do you have any firewall rules applied to this SSID?

No rules applied.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Someone fixed it before turning on 802.11w. Maybe worth trying: 802.11w - Enabled (allow unsupported clients)

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Mobile-Phones-getting-limited-connectivity/m-p/169487#M...

Flipside
Conversationalist

Already trying 802.11w. Didn't help. Thanks for the input.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to research the process used by Android to detect if there is an Internet connection or not.  Then test this process your self.

It could be something like an upstream content filtering policy, an IPS engine kicking in, slow DNS, almost anything.

Interesting thought. We have Securly filtering and sometimes they can be a challenge. Thanks for the reply.

Bypassed Securly and the problem went away. At least we know what is causing it. Thanks for your help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels