How to use Bonjour Forwarding on MR32?

Solved
VicDoo0131
Comes here often

How to use Bonjour Forwarding on MR32?

I have an MR32, and I create a single SSID on it.My iPhone and my laptop were connected to it. My iPhone and my laptop can ping each other.

But, the iTunes on my laptop can't find my iPhone through this SSID.By using Wireshark on my laptop, i just can see some mDNS packet send from my laptop, and i can't see any packet from my iPhone.

PS, I enable the Bonjour Forwarding feature on my MR32.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Does something need to be forwarded on your L3 switch? Any firewall in between, you forgot?

Any multicast/IGMP snooping settings missing?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

This post is regarding to AirPrint, but could be a good hint:

IGMP snooping - https://www.reddit.com/r/meraki/comments/icx2sz/bonjour_forwarding_and_airprint_printer/
And in addition to the reddit threat, this link is mentioned in the discussion: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/Multicast-Basic-s/td-p/25706 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
VicDoo0131
Comes here often

@MarcP @PhilipDAth Thanks a lot! Seem like my problem is solved now.

But I meet a new problem now. I haven't purchased an MX product now, so I just use my own L3 switch to brige traffic between MR32 and my PC. MR32 is in VLAN 10, and my PC is in VLAN 20. By configuring routing rules of my L3 switch, my iPhone which is connected to MR32, can ping my PC. But I can't see mDNS packets between MR32 and my PC. Could you please tell me if I need a MX product? Or Bonjour Forwording feature on MR series product can't bridge mDNS traffic through wired VLAN?

Thanks.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Does something need to be forwarded on your L3 switch? Any firewall in between, you forgot?

Any multicast/IGMP snooping settings missing?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels