How pass the radius server test (for a mac adress ssid experiment)

SOLVED
CarOneAdmin
Here to help

How pass the radius server test (for a mac adress ssid experiment)

Dear All,

i make an ssid with mac adress authentication for an experiment

but now i dont know how pass the radius server test 

Host Server Test Meraki.JPG

how i can know my host & port? on the secret part i can use any word or an special key?

this link help me but i dont believe much on him https://check-host.net/

sorry for my basic aknowledge, this are my first steps on meraki administration.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

For MAC Based Authentication you need to have an In-house Radius Server.

Meraki does not offer a Radius Server with MAC Based Authentication.

Once you have your own independent Radius Server either on Windows or Linux. You may connect the same to Meraki SSID.

Your page may look like below with the IP address and secret key configured on your Radius.

Meraki Radius.PNG

Incase you want to use Meraki Radius server which will do only Username based Authentication.

You need to create User Account and Authorize them with the time the access is allowed for. You can create Users under

Network-wide -> Users

However prior to this you need to associate your SSID with Meraki Radius. You can do this under

Wireless -> Access control

Your page may look like below

Meraki Radius 1.PNG

If required you may also customize Splash page (Landing / Welcome / Captive page)

Wireless-> Splash page

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you don't have a RADIUS server set up if you don't know the host/port/secret. You'll need to run your own RADIUS server such as NPS on Windows Server. See here for documentation from Meraki: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/MAC-Based_Access_Control_Using_Mic...

You could alternatively use Meraki hosted RADIUS if you are okay with doing user auth instead of MAC based auth. Keep in mind that MAC's are very easy to spoof. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Thanks,

Yes i dont have a radius server, i only have a hosted meraki wireless adm.

You could alternatively use Meraki hosted RADIUS if you are okay 

Yes how i can configurate that? its only for a test to my boss

Regards!

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

did you setup your own radius server? 

Hi,

Not yet, really i dont know how to do that.

Some of help are benn appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

For MAC Based Authentication you need to have an In-house Radius Server.

Meraki does not offer a Radius Server with MAC Based Authentication.

Once you have your own independent Radius Server either on Windows or Linux. You may connect the same to Meraki SSID.

Your page may look like below with the IP address and secret key configured on your Radius.

Meraki Radius.PNG

Incase you want to use Meraki Radius server which will do only Username based Authentication.

You need to create User Account and Authorize them with the time the access is allowed for. You can create Users under

Network-wide -> Users

However prior to this you need to associate your SSID with Meraki Radius. You can do this under

Wireless -> Access control

Your page may look like below

Meraki Radius 1.PNG

If required you may also customize Splash page (Landing / Welcome / Captive page)

Wireless-> Splash page

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels