How do i configure wireless printing?

Renans
New here

How do i configure wireless printing?

Hello everyone, i'm new to meraki. My question is this. We have a brother Professional Series wifi printer. We want to be able to print wirelessly. We tried manually configuring the printer in the printer's menu setting but it's asking for the network key.. We log on to our meraki wireless by typing in our username and password. I don't know what to do in order to print wirelessly. Anyone have had the same issue and have a fix for it? I greatly appreciate it. MODEL MR33

4 Replies 4
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like the printer won't support 802.11x (not surprising) so you could create another SSID with a WPA2 password just for the printer to use.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Adam
Kind of a big deal

You can try whitelisting the printer mac address then connect.  If that doesn't work then you'll likely need to go the route that @BrandonS mentioned.  We have a similar SSID for less intelligent devices. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
cta102
Building a reputation

I'm also assuming that the SID is not using NAT Mode otherwise you will have issues permitting wireless devices to communicate with each other.

Yes I have seen that done way too often.

If your network architecture is on full meraki configuration then you can also configure the mac onto the meraki mx to get fix ip only whenever the printer mac address is detected.

Capture.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels