Force Client to connect to specific AP

LudwigD
Getting noticed

Force Client to connect to specific AP

At home in my network (MX65W) my wireless settings are: MR42E (gateway) + MR30H in Mesh configuration. This functions very well. The only thing is my Samsung TV (somewhere in the middle): sometimes it connects tot the MR42E, other times tot the MR30H.

Signal quality is much better when connected with the MR42E.

Is there a way to "force" the TV to connect with the MR42E (without creating an apart WiFi network) ?

Thanks,

LD

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

You could try going to Wireless>Radio Settings, you may have to view the old version and try turning off Client Balancing.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You could also try turning the power down a bit on the 30H to make it look less desirable to the TV. You'll need to be careful with this as you don't want to impact your mesh or your coverage area, but if they're all going full power now then you likely have some room to play with. 

Thanks both!

I'll give it a try

and congratulation Adam with his MOTM !

LD

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only other option guaranteed to work is to create an SSID only on your MR42 dedicated for the TV and have the TV use that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels