Dashboard Monitor menu.

Solved
Gawen
Conversationalist

Dashboard Monitor menu.

Hi, newbie to the community here,

I have a task to upload floorplans of all sites with AP's installed and then map said AP's,

Having followed a simple article, in the dashboard should be able to go to Network-wide > Monitor > Maps & floor plans then upload the floorplans.

Apart from the Organisation menu no other menu's have the 'Monitor' tab, all have the 'Configure' tab.

I cannot see an article on how to enable the 'Monitor' menu, can I get some pointers on what needs to be done?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

those top 4 are templates. those wouldn't have a monitor menu as they're just the config settings that are applied to bound networks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Maybe you don't have full permissions?  Although it seems odd to have configure without monitor permission.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 9.33.39 AM.png

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Gawen
Conversationalist

Hi, thanks, that is helpful!

FWIW I have 'inherited' the dashboard, and have been granted 'Administrator' permission.

Found the oddest thing, in the main menu none of the options display the 'Monitor' menu.

However if I click on the Network menu and select an option, 'CORPORATE', CORPORATE_GUEST' and 'CORPORATE_GUEST_TECHNICS' under TEMPLATES, the Monitor menu does NOT appear.

If however I select any one of the four networks under 'Networks' the 'Monitor' menu DOES appear.

In standard best practice set up is this normal???

Gawen
Conversationalist

Gawen_0-1635439898301.png

those top 4 are templates. those wouldn't have a monitor menu as they're just the config settings that are applied to bound networks.

Gawen
Conversationalist

Thank you,

Coming from a fairly new place afa Meraki, can you suggest good videos/ training media to get a solid grounding?

TIA

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have a grounding of networking basics, navigating the dashboard is the biggest hurdle you'll face.

Once you get accustomed to it, you'll find most things logically.

There's a few Youtube videos which provide a good overview of the dashboard and how to use it.

Meraki Dashboard 101: Onboarding - YouTube

Cisco Meraki Dashboard overview demonstration - YouTube

Beyond that, I recommend taking some time to get used to where things are laid out in the dashboard.

This is especially necessary for firewall rules/ACL's as there's different places where these can be added.

Also get to know Network Wide settings and Organisation Wide settings - they're typically where you'll spend the least amount of time, but do hold some key settings that you'll likely need at a later time.

Then when you have a good idea of the specific task you're trying to achieve, the Meraki documentation is typically quite good (Google usually gets you to the right place).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels