DHCP option for TFTP server

SOLVED
milty
Conversationalist

DHCP option for TFTP server

We are configuring a Cisco 7925 wireless phone to connect to our CISCO CUCM phone system. The wireless phone needs to pull a configuration file from the phone system via TFTP but I need a DHCP option 150 to be configured on the Meraki wireless to point to the IP address of the CUCM. 

Is this feature configurable on the Meraki wireless cloud? 

Thanks, 

Milty 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RomanMD
Building a reputation

According to your initial request I think further clarifications are needed. 

What devices do you manage? Access points only? Or do you have also Meraki MX and switches?

I am asking, because you say "but I need a DHCP option 150 to be configured on the Meraki wireless".

The DHCP options are set on the DHCP server. So if you have a Meraki MX or L3 switch which acts as DHCP for the Voice vlan - then you can set the option in the Meraki. Otherwise, if the DHCP is still a 3rd party machine (Windows, Linux, Infoblox, etc.) then you have nothing to configure in Meraki.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RomanMD
Building a reputation

Option 150 is not predefined DHCP option, but you always can configure any custom options with values type String, HEX or IP.  

So, the answer is - yes, you can configure option 150, either on L3 switch or on MX appliance.

RomanMD_0-1625150414135.png

milty
Conversationalist

Hello, 

How do I get to the configuration page you displayed? 

Milty 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@milty : Have a look on below link 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Setting_Custom_DHCP_O... 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Go to Security & SD-WAN then under Configure click DHCP.  The DHCP Options should be listed under each DHCP scope.

RestaurantGuy_0-1625164466284.png

RomanMD
Building a reputation

According to your initial request I think further clarifications are needed. 

What devices do you manage? Access points only? Or do you have also Meraki MX and switches?

I am asking, because you say "but I need a DHCP option 150 to be configured on the Meraki wireless".

The DHCP options are set on the DHCP server. So if you have a Meraki MX or L3 switch which acts as DHCP for the Voice vlan - then you can set the option in the Meraki. Otherwise, if the DHCP is still a 3rd party machine (Windows, Linux, Infoblox, etc.) then you have nothing to configure in Meraki.

milty
Conversationalist

I thought a setting for Option 150 may of been be available in the web based Merak cloud managed AP page. I don't have local Meraki switches only AP's. I used a bridge mode setting in the Meraki cloud wireless AP website. The wireless IP phone then hits my wired network seeks out my DHCP server and with the Option 150 config pulls the phone config template via TFTP. I believe if I configure DHCP on a physical switch here it would also work. I will be testing that at another one of our sites. 

Thanks, 

Milty 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

7925’s!! Crikey! They went EoL yonks ago. Best wireless handset Cisco produced and then ruined it all with the 8821’s.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels