Can we force SSID 2.4 GHz only on MR42

SOLVED
RickAtCWD
Conversationalist

Can we force SSID 2.4 GHz only on MR42

Greetings all,

I have an 7 floor apartment building where many clients are being disconnected and reconnected repeatedly.  These are client connections that start off as 2.4 GHz but bet bumped to 5 GHz and then go back.  I have "Dual band operation with Band Steering" turned off.  I think I would like to offer tenants the option of connecting to a 2.4 GHz connection only SSID.  I know I can provide the "5 GHz band only" SSID option.  I cannot seem to find a way to accomplish this.

Any thoughts on this request is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a helpdesk ticket. They can enable the option in the backend so you can create a 2.4GHz only SSID.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a helpdesk ticket. They can enable the option in the backend so you can create a 2.4GHz only SSID.

BrechtSchamp,

Thanks for the quick reply and option.  I will go that route and let you know the results.

Thanks!

BrechtSchamp,

That was exactly what I needed and you were spot on.  I opened a support ticket with Meraki and they made that change really quickly.  You have no idea how long I was looking for a solution or workaround for this issue.

I truly thank you!

Have an awesome weekend!

Rick

Thanks, good to know!

Glad I could help! Have a nice weekend.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels