Authentication problem

SOLVED
Gustavo
Here to help

Authentication problem

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to configure meraki with 802.1x, but I'm receiving an error when I try to test the connection with the Radius Server:

Authentication failed while testing on one of your APs. This means the RADIUS server was reached but your credentials were incorrect. The test was stopped to prevent this account from being locked out due to multiple failed attempts. Please try again with different username and/or password.

I'm using an internal radius server, used to authenticate VPN users too, but I do not what is wrong, because VPN's authentication still working fine, but for meraki no.

I tried with a lot of different accounts, but no success.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Adam

I excluded all configurations, and tried to configure using the NPS wizard for wireless connections.

That's solve the problem, I'm able to test now.

radius.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried an actual client?  That test often doesn't work for me, there is a nuance to it that I forget but my clients auth just fine. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

HI @Adam

I excluded all configurations, and tried to configure using the NPS wizard for wireless connections.

That's solve the problem, I'm able to test now.

radius.PNG

When you say you removed all configurations, were you talking about the NPO Server under the tab "Conditions" and removed all of them?

MarioFishery
Conversationalist

Please check to make sure you have a valid certificate installed on your Authentication server connection.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels