unable to access applications after upgrading ESX host from 5.5 to 6.5 over a Meraki switch

aceking
Conversationalist

unable to access applications after upgrading ESX host from 5.5 to 6.5 over a Meraki switch

Problem: When upgrading an ESX #8 host from 5.5 to 6.5 we lost connectivity to all our applications All VMs are running on other ESX hosts and lost connectivity to the applicaitons ( email SAP ...) (VM ware environment )

Can someone please let me know if they experience any similar situation that is plug into a Meraki Switch (software define )

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We are using ESXI 6.5 plugged into an MS350 without issue.

I have a customer with an ESX 6.5 server farm plugged into a stack of MS250's without issue (they are even using IP based NFS storage).

If I thought hardware I would probably find other clients doing the same.

The combination works well together.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I have not seen this previously. Are other clients able to use the switch? Is the switch connecting to Dashboard?

MRCUR | CMNO #12
aceking
Conversationalist

I am able to access the dashboard as well as other physical host ! I think the problem may lie on the upgrade software procedure on the ESX 8 host from 5.5 to 6.5

After the upgrade on the ESX host we were unable to RDP to the host locally ! In addition it cause other application on other ESX host to be frozen ! We are using Dell blade center 

aceking
Conversationalist

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

This does not sound like an issue with the Meraki switch. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
aceking
Conversationalist

I agree but needed to ask if there were similar incidents 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

We haven't experienced the issue either.  Using Meraki switches with ESX 6.5.

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels