ms-24p poe issue

Felix_Mugambi
Here to help

ms-24p poe issue

hello guys,

i have a ms-24p switch,with the p at the end of the part number i presume it is a poe switch. But the switch does not power up any poe device.,what could be the issue with this?

Thanks.

Felix.

9 REPLIES 9
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Is PoE enabled in the switch settings:

_20191118_103229.JPG

What kind of service are you trying to power? What standard of PoE does it say in its specs?

yes it is. unifi access point.,,,normally the same ap is powered by WS-C2960+24PC-S  which is poe not poe+,so why would the meraki ms120-24p not power it up?

@Felix_Mugambi wrote:

yes it is. unifi access point.,,,normally the same ap is powered by WS-C2960+24PC-S  which is poe not poe+,so why would the meraki ms120-24p not power it up?

Ubiquiti AP's require a 24v passive PoE. Meraki switches provide 802.3af/at based PoE. These two types of PoE are not compatible with each other. You need a PoE converter to power the Ubiquiti AP off a Meraki switch. 

https://dl.ubnt.com/datasheets/unifi/UniFi_AP_DS.pdf

Capture.JPG

guys kindly help me out here

What model of AP exactly? I see some Unifi models only support passive PoE which is not a standard. That could explain why it's not working.

@Felix_Mugambi  have you tried plugging the AP directly into the switch rather than structured cabling?

What model of AP are you using?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Older AC Lite modes were passive PoE, current ones are normal af.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels