X2 MS320-48FP DAC

Solved
Ketan
New here

X2 MS320-48FP DAC

Hi, 

Two Meraki MS320 switches both on different IP addresses, could i use a TWINAX cable to have a 10gig link between the switches, which are about 3 meters apart (if that)

1 Accepted Solution
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Yes, I prefer to use twinax to connect my switches when they are close enough together.  The MS320 has 4 SFP+ ports which will support the 10G speeds.   Make sure to keep a spare twinax cable on hand in the event you ever have issues. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Yes, I prefer to use twinax to connect my switches when they are close enough together.  The MS320 has 4 SFP+ ports which will support the 10G speeds.   Make sure to keep a spare twinax cable on hand in the event you ever have issues. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Certainly, as @Adam mentioned, no issues connecting the two MS320 switches via 3M twinax.  And you mentioned the switches have different IP addresses, which is fine.  Even if Meraki switches are physically stacked with stacking cables, they still each have their own individual IPs.  So just ensure that your management VLAN is configured accordingly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels